1st Tunisian Smart Cities workshop
- Registration <link>
- Date: 5th March 2016
- Time: 10:30-12:30
- Venue: Medina Yassmine Hammamet
- Carlos E. Jimenez-Gomez, IEEE Distinguished Lecturer, Spain
The IEEE Tunisia section is dedicated (under the IEEE Smart Cities Initiative) to assisting Tunisian municipalities with the transition into more intelligent, sustainable urbanized environments.
Welcome, the IEEE Smart Cities Initiative spans multiple IEEE Societies and is designed to be a trusted voice in smart cities for the engineering, computing and technology communities around the world.
The initiative offers a Technical Community, through which IEEE seeks to help municipalities around the world address urban population growth by providing education, insight and expertise, and creating a forum for collaboration of all entities involved in planning successful « smart cities ».
The IEEE Smart Cities Initiative has the following objectives:
- Create a vibrant and worldwide cities network
- Share knowledge, experience and good practices
- Involve local governance, universities, industries and at first, local IEEE volunteers
- Manage the transition to urbanization
- Raise awareness of the benefits and downsides of technology
- Help guide the appropriate uses of technology
- Associate with other international organizations
Further details: http://smartcities.ieee.org/